Welcome to Visitors and Newcomers,
If you are a resident of Williamsport, a newcomer to the area, or a gas industry employee in search of an American Baptist church, we welcome you to come and worship at First Baptist.
First Baptist Church Reaches Out
Through American Baptist Churches USA we support:
- The work of the regional and national offices who work with our churches and help us understand who we are and what we do.
- The work of community centers and special ministries throughout the United States to help people understand that Christ loves them.
- The work of providing missionaries throughout the world to share the good news and to help indigenous people become self sufficient.
We participate in the four special mission offerings of our denomination:
America For Christ (AFC)
- Gifts are divided two thirds for the work of Mission in America through National Ministries, and one third for the work of the Region.
World Mission Offering (WMO)
- Contributions go entirely for the work of Global Mission through International Ministries.
Retired Ministers & Missionaries Offering (RMMO)
- Provides emergency relief and a “thank you” check to retired ministers and missionaries, administered by MMBB.
One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS)
- Provides disaster relief and development assistance in the United States and overseas, administered by the American Baptist World Relief Committee. Monies can also be designated giving to specific disaster relief.
Through United Churches of Lycoming County we support:
- The Shepherd of the Street program to reach out to the neediest in our county with the love of Christ.
- Providing weekly worship services in area nursing homes, the county prison, assisted living centers and hi-rises.
- Providing an emergency three day supply of food for people who are hungry through a county Food Pantry
- Helping to stop hunger through advocacy For the World.
- Providing outreach to students at the Pennsylvania College of Technology through United Campus Ministry.
- Learning to understand and become united with one another as one Christian family through Ecumenical programs, media opportunities and ministries.
- Exploring the diversity of our pluralistic society through an Interfaith Dialogue and helping people to value one another and not live in fear.
Other Community Ministries include:
- Journey House – A transitional housing program for families
- Salvation Army
- American Rescue Workers
- Habitat for Humanity of Lycoming County
- St. Anthony’s Center – A soup kitchen
- PA Council of Churches
First Baptist is an outward bound congregation. We work together through American Baptist Churches USA to do ministry in Pennsylvania, throughout the United States, and internationally. We also work together through United Churches of Lycoming County to provide ministry throughout our community and county. We also support the ministry of several local organizations in Lycoming County.
The Reifsynder Circle
Monthly–Different Host and Presenter each Month
Time: 9:15am – 10:30am
Location: Different every month
Our American Baptist Women (ABW) are active as The Reifsynder circle. The purpose of this group is to unite all the women of our church into fellowship that will help each one to grow in personal devotion to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and in commitment to the mission of His church through worshiping, working, and witnessing in all areas of life: the home, the community, the nation, and the world. Meetings are held in member’s homes and at the church. The evening includes Bible or book study and fellowship. Love gifts are collected to benefit specific projects or groups of persons in need.